Thursday, August 30, 2007

Karazhan... Renoobifying

I wasn't even supposed to be part of the Kara group last night, but I begged the GM to let me go to just Attumen to get my leather drop. The mage that I replaced didn't show up so I happily went with the group from Attumen onwards.

Now, how do I describe the entire run? The raid leader/MT, as composed and calm as he is, was probably cursing & shouting with mic turned off everytime he died on a trash pull.

I've grouped with the two healers we have on separate heroic runs and they're actually good. But the coordination they have healing 10-man was sub-par. So many times that the MT's health went down below 10% and I had to throw a heal to get him back to 35%, I know the GM would say that's part of a moonkin's job to offheal, but when you're also the top dpser and have to heal at the same time that makes things a little more complicated. One heal takes up a big chunk of my mana (850), and most times I had to cancel my starfire cast to de-curse, de-poison or heal.

On Moroes, I dunno if the healers found it funny to let me die. I was the last to get garroted before Moroes died, so I had a full 5 min. of it on me so I asked the healers to heal me thru it but not a single heal came. The pally's bubble was on cooldown, but that doesn't mean his heals are too. At this point my mana was low and I had to heal myself everytime I go below 30%, after about a minute of healing myself I finally got a bubble.

After our first wipe on Maiden, we gathered around the entrance and was buffing up, then the hunter "accidentally" shot Maiden which caused an unnecessary wipe.

On Opera we got R&J, we almost got them down the first time but Julienne was able to heal herself twice and we couldn't recover.

It was a bad night for casters as only plate & leather healing gear dropped.

This normal run of 4 bosses usually take 2 hours, but last night took us 3.5 hours to complete. I would like to recommend a gear check for everyone that wants to go to Kara, getting a key doesn't mean they're ready for it, people can easily run you thru to get keys. Now people might say the reason we go to Kara is to get gear, you can go to my armory and see for yourself that I only have 2 pcs of gear that are from Kara, my gloves, which I got just last week, and a ring.

I was second in dps last night behind Jerkhead, and I understand why our feral druid is 3rd because he was offtanking on some fights. But where are the other 3 dps classes? The feral druid was 220,000 damage below me, and the 4th person was 4% damage less than the 3rd, you do the math.

To my rantings, I would like to remind you of egotistical priest's blog, which most of you have already read.

1 comment:

Fiordhraoi said...

Rest assured, a close look into our raid members' gear is coming. I know with some new people, things don't necessarily go smoothly...but they went rougher than they should have last night.