Tuesday, September 11, 2007

25-Man Support Healing?

This is an honest question as I've never had a chance to be a resto druid for a 25-man raid.

I'm aware that normally you can refresh lifeblooms on 3 tanks, 4 tanks is also possible but the risk of having lag or mistiming a lifebloom can be a big problem.

By constantly refreshing the hots, that would leave me with only a 4 sec window to play with and I will never be out of the 5SR. Taking these things into consideration, I would like to know the following:

1. How long does the High King Mulgar fight usually take?
2. The usual question of Spi vs mp5
3. Do you use rejuv with your cycle, if so, do you cast it on 1 tank per cycle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The High King Maulgar fight will take anywhere between 3.5 minutes to approximately 6 minutes. It depends on multiple factors such as DPS, tanks, and your mage who is tanking the Mage Ogre.

As a Holy Priest, I'd say stack MP5, but I'm not sure. I've always favoured MP5 over everything else.

I always refresh my renews on my assigned tank at all times. I suspect it would be better for you to do that as well, BUT I'm not sure how your mana is like or how much of it that spell uses.

merbles said...

Thanks Matticus.

I have around 9000 mana and lifebloom is 220 / 176(tree) mana. If for example I have 0mp5 and I was to cast non-stop, I'll be oom in 75 secs. Even if the fight takes only 3.5 min, I wouldnt have enough mana to throw rejuv (415 / 332 tree) in between each cycle.

Anonymous said...

Mana potions and a possible Innervate on yourself would go a long way toward stretching it out, but this does sound like a rather mana-intensive method, despite doing a lot of healing for the mana used.