Thursday, August 2, 2007

Short end of the stick?

Our guild, for the first time, ran two groups to Karazhan last night. I don't know if this was just a coincidence but Group 1 was filled with officers and people that have good gear (including 2 of the top 3 dps in the guild).

I was assigned to Group 2, consisting of 2 guys that have never been to kara, and guys that were still in greens.

Me and my friends were at the gate early for the 8pm time that was set for the raid. 8pm came and the ONLY officer assigned to our group was going to be late and nobody knew what time he's getting on and the hunter who signed up was a no-show. At 8:15pm our group took it upon themselves to go ask the guild for replacements. Fortunately, one of the officers got his plans cancelled for the night and was able to go with us, we were able to start clearing at 8:30pm.

On one of the pulls, our shadow priest got so excited and went ahead of the tank and accidentally pulled the mobs while we were still marking, I started hitting main target but unfortunately the tank was still busy trying to get control of the loose mobs that weren't marked so I died.

On attumen, the moment he spawned, I accidentally grabbed aggro, probably a chain crit from my starfires. Our healers tried to overheal me while the OT tried to pick him back up, but after 6-8 secs of just standing there, I took more dmg than the healers could heal so I died. So I waited for 4-5 minutes for my group to kill him. woot!

First try on Moroes, I got silenced right as the tank pulled even though I was way at the back. So for 10 secs I couldn't do anything and the other dps couldn't take down the holy priest fast enough and this turned ugly, our tank died and we had to reset. Our second try went so smooth that our group looked like we have been playing together for a long time.

The only reason our group was successful is we had the best tank (Brigin) & best healer (Grazen) in the guild. I was expected to top the dps but because of untimely deaths, I ended up 2nd on the list.

Hopefully tonight we can get 10 people to continue thru Maiden & Opera.

No comments: