Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Updating My Blog

It's been more than a month now since I changed from my pew pew chicken to my leafy tree form. It's been a very good month, we've downed Gruul twice and our 2 groups are consistently farming kara every week now with the occasional setbacks on Prince.

We've also started an alt run last week, I brought my rogue to that one and we were able to do Attumen - Curator before we called it, which is pretty good for our very first try on our alts.

Now... on to my rant.

Every guild has their own way of raid loot distribution which Fio explains in his blog. Now, our system isn't perfect as it can be exploited. But when is it time to set more rules? We had an off-spec bidding against a primary spec just because he had the points to spend, twice. If that's the case, I should've bid on every dps caster drop too just because I can.

And last night, our MAIN tank blew all his points on T4 leggings which he really needed since he was still wearing blue pants only to be outbid by a dps who had more points than him. I was pissed as it just didn't seem right.

I then remembered this one time where I was "asked" to pass on something if it drops because I had more points than the other person, I was offended because first, even without someone telling me, I would've given it to the other person for minimum bid, second, it was like saying the other person was better than me and deserves it more. We were playing the same role and were equally geared.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of douches. I feel sorry for you, but at least you seem to know what your doing, keep it up. Good to see you posting again!

Anonymous said...

Two cent opinion - it's time to review loot rules when a possible problem has been identified. It's time to DISCUSS said review after the run(s) is(are) done - say, the next day, before that day's run.

Notice I didn't say change the rules or add to the rules. I said review. It may be that social pressure is enough. Or that the problem is - in the light of day - too minor to justify more.

Anonymous said...

HIya, found your blog from bigredkitty and I think that your guild's dkp system should be discussed sooner rather than later.

At one time I used to like dkp systems because they seemed to be a fair system to reward time investment to the raid and to the guild but maybe it was just the system we used. Now I see more and more problems with it and think that everyone discussing who should get the items and perhaps using a /random to decide who gets it when there are ties (as we do) is a better system. Plus we like to distribute loot evenly so if I win something and want something that drops later that instance, I'd pass to someone else even if I expressed interest in it.

This works because we're focused on the guild progressing as a whole rather than getting as much loot as we can for ourselves. Our tanks get geared first because they need it the most and no dps would even think of complaining about this. If the main tank gets geared then bosses die faster and we all get gear faster.

It seems that too many in your guild are focused on themselves over the needs of the guild as I'd discuss that too.

Sorry to be so longwinded but I've seen more drama over the poor distribution of loot and it should get corrected before it causes more problems for you.